• Home • Forum • Register • Login • 

Home » Forums » Site Announcements

Post subject: Stage 3: Raid Planner - Finish Him!!!! err It!
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok Guys, it's here, it's ready, it's live... woot woot.

I have rolled out the New Raid Planner. You can access it through the link in the menu. Once there you will notice a plethora of newness.

First the sub menu (if you have already made your characters you will be some what familiar with this already)

Calendar
- This will show you the monthly planner view
New Event - Quick link to make a new event/raid, this will always be "Todays" date.
Character List - Your created characters in an easy to use list (edit/delete your toons here)
Character Creation - Create a new character
Your Created Events & Signups - This shows you a list of all the raids you have a) created and b) signed up to
Old Raid Planner - The link back to the old planner for the raids that have already been created.

Calendar
Very easy to use, like the old calendar all the created events are displayed here, there is a popup with information about the raid if you mouse over a raid. clicking on a raid takes you to the "View Raid" Page where you can sign up, remove your sign up, change your raid role, your comments. etc etc.
The green + you see will allow you to create a raid defaulting to the date you choose. ie: if you click the green + on Jan 30th, your raid will be pre set to that day and all you need to do is change the time. Again if you use the "New Event" link in the sub menu it will always pre select the CURRENT day.

New Event
Here you simply fill in all the info you want your raid to have. Title, time & date, Event type (ICC, VOA etc and difficulty)

Set your desired Role limits, ie Tanks 2, Healer 3, Hybrid 2 etc.

Use the Message body to relay all the info about your raid, what you plan on doing, is it alt friendly etc, remember the more info the better. Her eyou can use any standard bbcode available throughout the rest of the site, you can change text color. use the wowhead item links. anything you can can do in the forums you can do here.

Viewing a Event
Once you have found a raid on the calendar you want to go to. clicking on it brings up the "View Event" page. Here you can see everything the raid leader has posted when he created an event. At the bottem you will also see a section to "sign up" to the raid.

Will you attend this event? - leave this on yes to sign up, if you have already singed up and can no longer go set this to no and hit submit to remove yourself.
Character: - Which character are you bringing. Only Characters setup previously can be selected of course.
Role: - the role you want to fill in the raid, tank, range dps, healer, etc. only the two roles you selected for your character are available.
Comments
- any comments you would like to leave. ie: will be home at 9, hold my spot. etc.

Hit submit and your done. You will see your character appear in the "Details" section. Now if you see a GREEN CHECK MARK appear under the WL (Wait List) column, then you have been placed on the wait list. This means the role you signed up for was full. Tank 2/2 etc. You will notice a number under "Wait List" in the sign up section above. If you click on that it will bring up the waitlist and show you who is on it and for what role. You can see if there are already 2 Tanks waitlisted or if your the only one etc.

You are not automatically moved off the wait list if a spot becomes free. If you are on the waitlist and someone else drops out of your desired role you must sign up again for the same role you wanted originally to moved off the waitlist.

this is also useful for raid leaders as they can fill roles from the waitlist as people drop out during a run

I have placed a test raid into the planner so people can see what it all looks like.

I want to thank everyone that has helped with this creation. Lots of people have put in time testing and testing... and .... well testing. Big thanks to Rei for all his help.

Top Bottom

Post subject: Re: Stage 3: Raid Planner - Finish Him!!!! err It!
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:31 pm 
High Warlord
High Warlord

Cyl - you're a frickin beethoven with the bytes - fantastic work - thanks so much for putting this together.

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:08 pm 
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

What Deth said. Many thanks Cyl for all of your hard work on the site over the years. :)

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:27 pm 
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

You rock, Cyl =D Thanks!

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:13 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks everyone, glad your enjoying it so far. :D

Other Notes and things

On the "View raid" page the details section can be sorted by any columns both Ascending and Descending.
In the Raid Reports threads the link back goes directly to the raid (unlike the old system)

Bug fixes
Fixed Paladin's Icon and coloring in the View Raids page. (thanks Huzzah)
Fixed Death Knights coloring in the View Raids page. (thanks Shady)

Note sure I said this in enough detail so. I wanted to make sure everyone that helped test this understands how important there contribution was. thanks guys.

edit: Just looked at that first post again... holy wall of text batman. sry guys.. lol

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:09 am 
Centurion
Centurion

Quite awesome, indeed. /bow

There's an impressive amount of work you've invested in the whole site, huge thanks Cyl for keeping this up. This is truely awesome.

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:09 pm 
High Warlord
High Warlord

Great work, Cyl... We can't thank you enough for all you put into this. I appreciate the shout out - I wish I'd been able to help more in the tail end of the project, though. You were very good about putting up with all my, um, what I will kindly call "feedback." :)

Well done, good sir!

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:09 am 
Scout
Scout

Hi there,

first of all, thanks for the time you spend on this awesome work!

Otherwise, the spam question for sure:

When do you release this god damned good work? :-)

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:39 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

well there's still work to be done to release this mod. I have to package it and get an installer built up, best thing to do is watch over at http://board3.de/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3475 for the time being as most info will be posted there to start.

but unfortunately there's no eta on this being released as a stand alone package just yet.

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

As a side note for the ICer's:

Like the old R&E tool you can access this one by going to raid.iron-circle.com, you still of course need to be logged in to access it but that is the another quick way to bring it up, and works better as a book mark.

Top Bottom