• Home • Forum • Register • Login • 

Home » Forums » Public Forums » General Chat

Post subject: Alt/Social Raid Interest??
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:06 am 
Scout
Scout

Would there be interest in an alt/social raid? I'd kinda like to dip my toe back into raiding, and it occurred to me that the best way to ensure a raid happened during a time that I could participate would be to lead one.

I have multiple sleep disorders, so can't commit to anything after 9pm est. I was thinking to start end of October, perhaps Sunday evenings 6-9pm. Goal would be to just finish normals and perhaps explore a few heroics before the end of the tier. No attendance requirements, but I would ask folks to be prepared with off specs so we can be sure to have enough tanks/healers.

Let me know if you're interested and what class you'd likely bring (I've been playing my hunter, but am about to start working on my druid so that's pretty flexible)

Top Bottom

Post subject: Re: Alt/Social Raid Interest??
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:21 am 
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

Zara,

Of course I'm leading the progression effort with Ahearn, but I sincerely applaud this effort! While I cannot guarantee I will attend, I will for sure encourage anyone whom wants to jump in with you all, and I am certain my youngest son (Hurriquake) would love to participate with you.

/Tiren

If you mess with the bull, you may get the horns...

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:28 am 
Scout
Scout

I may be interested. My main is currently a lvl104 druid. I have recently returned after a 5 year absence.

I have experience healing, as that's what I used to do in IC raids on my priest before I left. I wouldn't mind tanking, DPSing, or healing, depending on what's needed. I don't have experience tanking, but I have been practicing tanking in the proving grounds.

I am somewhere between a casual and hard core player. Currently, I am putting in a lot of hours as my interest in WoW has been rekindled. I am currently behind many people as I had to level up through the 90's on my druid; I still haven't used my lvl100 boost.

Hearn and Tiren have posted their intent to run progression raids. If my druid qualifies and they have room for me, I would definitely be interested in joining them. Whether or not I get to join the progression raid, I would still be interested in running a casual raid.

Hild

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:10 am 
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

I'd be interested but wouldn't be able to commit to every Sunday during those times since it's so early (4-7 my time). But if I'm around I'd be very willing to fill in and hang out. :D

EDIT: could do resto druid

Last edited by Huzzah on Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:22 pm 
Scout
Scout

Hey Z!

I'd be interested in participating. Currently still leveling up my healer, but I think at the rate I'm going I'll be ready for that kind of thing by the end of October. (that's also assuming my memebrship's been approved by then!)

My schedule on Sundays is wide open, so that time would be pretty easy for me to make.

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:12 pm 
Finally!
Finally!

I know I am interested in an alt raid. My plan was to level a healer as my second "main," but it looks like we have a lot of those, and Bones and I have been having fun on our DHs. So we both (I won't fully speak for him) may be interested. There would be one week a month where we couldn't make it (we have an all-day Sunday game), but I'm down for when I can, especially as Sunday night is my Saturday night and I don't have to go to work the next morning!

I'd probably be tanking on Ordeal, though if DPS or heals is needed, I can do that once I get more toons to 110. And I probably wouldn't be ready for another month, possibly longer.

I could also tank on Ru, if people wanted to start earlier!

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:47 am 
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

I'm going to raid casually somewhere, but sadly Sundays are no good for me. We did have Friday night runs with the good captain Art, but I'm unsure of his plans this xpac. There has always been at least a casually casual second raid so the interest for another should be there, just finding the right time for everyone.

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:12 pm 
Centurion
Centurion

Rev wrote:
I'm going to raid casually somewhere, but sadly Sundays are no good for me. We did have Friday night runs with the good captain Art, but I'm unsure of his plans this xpac. There has always been at least a casually casual second raid so the interest for another should be there, just finding the right time for everyone.

I was planning on trying to raid on Fridays again this expansion. I just haven't looked into the raids and don't know that my gear is sufficient yet so I haven't mentioned anything. It's always run a more casual raid with the goal of having fun, killing some bosses and getting a little loot.

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:14 am 
Scout
Scout

I'm definitely down for an alt raid on Sundays (or really, whenever.)

Keng is at ilvl 839 right now, but I have a mage and druid I'm leveling up as well.

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:52 am 
Scout
Scout

I love the idea, but I don't know that I can dedicate a fifth day of the week to raiding (two in WoW, two in WildStar). I'll poke you if I do end up deciding I can fit it in at some point, though!

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:16 pm 
Kick-ass Information Officer

Nice! I will do my best to help out. Sundays are mostly ok but hard for me to be online before 7/7:30.

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:18 pm 
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

once I have a viable alt, I would also like to help out.... but the time being so early could be an issue.

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:21 pm 
Scout
Scout

It was absolutely not my intention to take away from an established Friday evening raid! I do not want to run a raid b/c I like running raids, but because I have a medical problems that makes it difficult to stay awake to "normal gamer hours" (8-12p EST).

Let's give it a few more weeks for folks to level alts and for socials to experience the content and evaluate the interest levels in both nights? I would be interested in attending Friday nights when I'm able!

Top Bottom