• Home • Forum • Register • Login • 

Home » Forums » Public Forums » General Chat

Post subject: Hearn & Tiren's Raid Plans for Legion! - Please Read!
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:17 am 
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

Howdy IC!

Hearn and Tiren will continue to run a raid in Legion, as many of you have come to know and expect. We will make changes to the raid again, as we did as Warlords of Draenor came out. We want to communicate the changes to you ahead of time, so that you can consider your class choices and your plans for the expansion accordingly.

This does not mean, however, that there will not or should not be other raids in Legion - we truly hope that there are, and we want to encourage anyone whom wants to step up and lead a raid to do so! We are very happy to help out with advice, thoughts, or even just moral support. And if when we get alts up to speed, with our presence from time to time. :)

First, our expectations on the raid as a whole, and on any players/characters that decide to participate:
- We plan a “moderate” progression raid. We want to stay with the current content as much as possible, and the goal is to again obtain the expected “Ahead of the Curve” achievement.
- We plan to avoid the back-end “boredom” syndrome if possible by growing the raid to beyond the current size to 20+, giving us the opportunity to try Mythic Raiding at the end of the expansion. We understand that not everyone will be able to maintain the level of effort every week, but we want to give ourselves the opportunity to not have a 4-5 month “pause” assuming Blizzard doesn’t do a better job on content roll-out.

These two things means that attendance and performance will matter. We will need a commitment that the character you are proposing will be your raid character for the entire expansion, and that you will be able to attend > 75% of all raid nights.

This commitment to “moderate” progression means we will occasionally have to adjust the group size/make-up in order to get a boss kill unblocked. With flexibility in raid size comes the opportunity for really bad make-ups. Sometimes it is just easier to kill a boss with a different composition (more ranged, less ranged) or even less people overall. When this happens Hearn and I will discuss in the off-hours between raids and come back with a proposal on whom will participate on the “night two”.

This does NOT mean that we won’t try to kill bosses with everyone present in whatever composition we happen to end up with - every boss, first time, second time, etc. But since we are committing to EVERYONE that we will try to progress, we’ll take that responsibility seriously, and act accordingly. Please don’t think that there is anything more in it than this. We are not trying to make anyone feel bad, or create a “2nd class” guildee. All IC players are important to us, and hence why we’re being as open and transparent as we can.

Sound good? Great. Here come more thoughts:

You need to check on your class/role with us. Generally, even at 20+ we’ll have 4 healers (we are not planning for thirty at this time). At most we will have 5 healers. We have some ideas about who these healers likely will be, although that needs validation. Speak to us soon. We will need some dps to have a healing off-spec, to cover for vacation, work emergencies, etc.

We expect that you will focus on getting your raid character ready and will keep up on grinding valor/gear/etc. We all have alts and they are important but please put the energy into your main.

Next, we will only have two tanks. We will have requirements that some melee classes have a tank off-spec to handle illness, vacations, work emergencies, etc. But generally, we will have two tanks and we have an idea who that will be…

Class mix will matter. We will not enable a raid with two tanks, four healers, one hunter (Tiren) and the rest Demon Hunters. So even if you want to be melee and we ok that, not everyone will be able to be a Demon Hunter. Some have already requested this and nominally been approved. If this is your desire, speak to us quickly (within a week or so).

Raids will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9pm Eastern (Server) time, whether Daylight Savings or not. The raids will last approximately 2 hours. We want to do invitations at 8:50pm, zone-in by 8:55 PM, and first pull promptly at 9:00pm.

- If you cannot make a specific raid, no worries. Please let Hearn or Tiren know ahead of time.
- If you cannot make it due to an emergency, please text anyone you know in the raid whom can pass us the information prior to zone-in (8:55pm).
- If you are able to attend, but may be late, please communicate this with Hearn or Tiren, with an expected arrival time.

Mumble Rules:
IC is a social place and we want to keep it that way. However, as the raid grows the a significant challenge is to maintain the atmosphere and still communicate clearly as needed. Chatter during trash pulls when we're farming the pulls, or during down-time is ok. Chatter during the boss fight is not ok. Chatter during explanations, or offering alternatives to what Hearn or Tiren is trying to explain is not OK – it confuses people.

That said, offering alternatives or observations to the raid leaders is FINE, encouraged, and wanted. Please do it AFTER the fight, and please do it with a tell. Alternatively, we will likely have one person whom is nominally leading healers, and thoughts on healing cooldown management, etc. should be shared with that person. That person will be known before we start raiding. It might even be Hearn, depending on what he does in Legion. :D

- All that to say please keep Mumble quiet during encounters. Only the speak when we’ve identified it’s necessary, i.e. with an interrupt rotation, state “Tiren Next” or such, if I am after you. Otherwise, keep the channel clear so that Hearn, myself, or other key players can communicate clearly.

In Summary:
- We are expanding the IC raid
- We are not going to make it a random sign up each week - people will need to commit to a role and the effort necessary to maintain it.
- We have goals on “moderate progression” and “avoiding the boring back end”, so please expect to make and keep a commitment through the expansion
- The goal on moderate progression means that sometimes the full group will not participate in a first boss kill. We’re sorry but it may be necessary and we want to be up front about it.
- You will not be able to play anything you want due to role and group mix requirements. Please check with Tiren and Hearn.
- We want to have people active and involved and socializing but to remember that the focus of the 4hrs per week is to kill bosses - all of 'em.

Please let us know if you are interested to join us, in what role, and with what class. We will set about getting things settled before Aug 30th from there.

Cheers,
Hearn & Tiren

If you mess with the bull, you may get the horns...

Top Bottom

Post subject: Re: Hearn & Tiren's Raid Plans for Legion! - Please Read!
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:09 pm 
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Hoping to have finished reading all of this by next week some time......... :shock: :lol:

Seriously...... thanks guys!! for taking the time to think, talk, write and organize all of this!!

Nyst

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:19 pm 
Scout
Scout

Sounds great! I really like the feeling of organization and goal planning here. It instills a lot of confidence that things can progress. I definitely want to be a part of this movement.

I plan to level up a Demon Hunter, but I hear that ranged is needed most, so I'll focus on my hunter (Beasthugger) for raiding if that's the case. I'm also going to experiment with my mage a bit and see if I'm into his new changes now. Either way, you can count me in on ranged DPS.

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:46 am 
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

Odd, chatting with Chestnut it seems that Iron Circle Trial group membership isn't the same set of forums that I remembered it was. I'll have to chat with Cyl on what we can do there, but in the meantime, I've moved the topic to the public forums.

/Tiren

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:53 am 
Scout
Scout

Appreciate the moving of the post so us Trial folks can see it!

And I'm totally interested in raiding. Everything seems fair to me.

I will *not* be rolling a DH, but not sure who I want to play, so I'm flexible with what the raid needs. :)

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:29 am 
Scout
Scout

i'm highly interested. my main is currently a ret pally, but i have a lvl 94 ele shammy i could also level up if it helps the group. (My Pref would be RetPally though)

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:28 pm 
Scout
Scout

Thank you so much for putting this together. Seriously.

Chaide would like to raid, if possible - Resto Druid. This will be good for me, and to help me remember that I do have an excellent hobby and an even better group of friends with IC, despite what my second year of teaching will try to tell me.

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:44 pm 
Scout
Scout

I would also like to get in on the raiding. I can always be available during the raid times, and prefer to play mage or warlock.

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:20 pm 
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Sounds fun. Unsurprisingly I will be playing warlock.

It may be a good idea to post what you have so far; so that those who are on the fence about class/spec can start to focus on one that may be more needed.

Also, I know for the last few expansions we have started raiding a few weeks after the instances open; with the "moderate progression" in mind will be starting to raid as soon as the instances open?

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:10 am 
Kick-ass Information Officer

Thanks for all the interest, it's been a really good response.

We will post a summary in the next day or two of what we believe everyone will be focusing on as mains for the raid in the new XPAC. There are still a few weeks so we can talk about adjustments in case anyone really wants to play something different.

If there is more interest, pleas still let T or I know and we can add you to wait-list but as of now, the raid is at around 23-24 and is as big as we are willing to organize.

Thanks!
/Hearn

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:07 am 
Scout
Scout

Ill add in also, if it helps the guild i am willing to use my 100 boost to whatever class and learn/use that if ret and ele aren't needed.

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:22 pm 
Centurion
Centurion

I just hope you all remember that the best time to retreat from any encounter is the exact time that the guild needs you to make a dramatic comeback push.

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:38 pm 
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Tiren wrote:
We expect that you will focus on getting your raid character ready and will keep up on grinding valor/gear/etc. We all have alts and they are important but please put the energy into your main.

/wave

Not sure how many ICers have beta invites and are actively playing it but this part is important. With the way that the artifact works it's going to be very difficult to have multiple toons with enough artifact traits for raiding beyond normal mode, at least for the first few months of the expansion. Your main toon's off spec artifact should be a few traits behind your main artifact if you log in everyday and do world quests, dungeons, etc. But trying to do that on multiple toons at the start of the expansion will be nuts unless you have a ton of free time on your hands. There's A LOT of content to do at level 110.

So picking a main is super important because it will be difficult to swap mid way through a tier.

If you have any beta questions feel free to ask me. I've done a little bit of raid testing and a ton of mythic+ dungeon testing. I've only played healers though so I don't have a lot of advice for tank or dps classes.

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:06 pm 

Hey Slater! Thanks for the input :)

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:39 pm 
Scout
Scout

I will try to always have one raid ready, however I'm pretty sure work and school will prevent me from being an active raider this expansion. If I'm available and meet requirements I will be more than happy to fill in if needed. Thanks T and Hearn.

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:36 am 
Scout
Scout

I'm very very late to the party... but I was away without internet for most of the summer and am just now logging back into WoW. I am actively trying to find a raid, but I'd also love to be put on a wait list for the IC raid, or to fill in when needed. I will likely continue to main my resto shaman (Qixx), with an ele off spec. But if it came to it and I was needed, could get in on the raid, with another class/spec... then I have a ton of alts that I could get ready.

Hope you guys do well in there! Wish i hadn't missed the boat by being on vacation... a month spent next to a glorious lake in the woods does have a few downfalls I guess. ;)

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:37 am 

Howdy IC,

Thanks for all the interest and response to our heroic/mythic raiding proposal. Since Legion drops right away we wanted to send out an update and summary of the raid organization.

A few quick comments:

-We don’t have perfect class balance but it should be good for heroic. Mythic (assuming we get there) will be tougher and class/role will play into raid selection.
    -This is a big jump in raid size so we will be spreading out some responsibility and will keep the roster in the low 20s.
    -We gave priority to full members. There were 3 applicants (plus 1 late request) that expressed interest, unfortunately that means for now you are all on waitlist.
    -Lastly, please re-read the expectations described in the initial post and Slater’s observation about how much there is to do at 110.

Raid summary attached below.

/Hearn and Tiren

Attachment:
legion_25man_raid.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:26 pm 
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

No rogues or shadow priests?!?! Spriest is so much fun in Legion and rogues are OP as usual.

They've made some changes to Artifact Knowledge since I posted last. If you're able to level multiple toons to 110 and then stay on top of their Artifact Research work orders (which start at once every 5 days when the expansion launches and they require 500 order hall resources each) it won't be too much of a nightmare to change mains, depending on the content you're aiming for of course. If you're aiming for some mythic raiding this tier I wouldn't change mains once you get going but you'd be alright for normal and heroic.

And if RNGesus is on your side in Mythic+ dungeons you'll have no problem steamrolling normal mode raids. Mythic+ dungeons are amazing! They are ridiculously fun or terrifying depending on the affixes for the week and they are an excellent alternative source of high ilvl gear. Plus, they only require 5 people so it's super easy to organize compared to a raid. It's by far my favourite thing about Legion.

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:43 am 

Hey,

There have been a few questions about gear/raid plans. Still early but I wanted to give a quick update.

First, we'll start raiding once we have enough people geared with enough role balance, most likely the week of Sept 27.

As far as gear goes, I think the ilvl to shoot for is 840 and artifact progression on main spec 19 traits (link below, same one Bru pointed out in his post). Clearly this is not set in stone, just a general guide on what to be working towards.

Hope everyone is having fun with the expansion so far!

http://blog.askmrrobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/AP_Schedule_Tall.jpg

/Hearn

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:40 am 
Scout
Scout

I'm probably too late, but I'll post my interest in raiding.

My new main is my druid, and I would be willing to heal, tank, or dps, whichever is needed.

I have started playing WoW after Legion came out after a 5 year absence. My Druid is not yet 110 (104--almost 105 as I write this) as I have been leveling him up through content I have missed as he was not 100. I have not yet used my 100 boost.

I will understand if all spots are filled and there is no room for me.

Hild

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:00 pm 
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Deth will be gone Sept 27

I will be unable to raid October 4-18

Deth may be unavailable on the 6th (oct), depending on if we're leaving that night to go to the lake or if we're leaving the day after.

*EDIT*

PLEASE REMEMBER TO HAVE FLASKS AND FOOD

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:31 pm 
Blood Guard
Blood Guard

Swipper is at 830 should see how far i cna get in a week

The courageous ones hold truth as their standard, and are willing to take action even though they may not have all the right answers. Courage is being willing to be wrong in the pursuit of what’s right and refusing to live the life that does not reflect one’s goodness, truth, and beauty.

"Fight 'em 'til Hell freezes over. Then fight 'em on the ice."

The Southren Avengers - 2008, 2010, 2015 Iron Circle Football League Champions

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:22 am 
Scout
Scout

Keng is at 839 right now, should be 840+ by the 20th. I'm totally open to help with any raids, main alt or otherwise.

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:36 pm 

Howdy,

Just a reminder that we'll try a brief poke into emerald nightmare on Thursday. For this week not everyone is geared up so we'll juggle roles a little until everyone is ready. Min ilvl is 840 and should have 18 points into artifact.

Here is our current roster:

Tanks: ruana, chestnaught
Heals: baindyn, huzzy, pezzy, verasia
Meele: glomdrul, xiphira, raptorx, scorvus, feyd, kanajotoma (3rd tank), demonhugger
Ranged: tiren, bruscha, ohsnapkatt, ahearn, nystelinis, ebonhorn, gatanikaz, perilous

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:35 pm 
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

/bump

Reminder: 840 minimum. If we are short key roles we will adapt our plans, but if you are not at 840, please expect to be asked to keep working on it until you are at that level.

/Tiren

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:35 pm 
Scout
Scout

What time are you raiding tonight? Keng is at 843 if you need someone to sub-in.

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:52 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Putting my name in for backup DPS should you need one. More than likely using my Fury Warrior Ossgrim, ilvl 849.

Ossidan 100 Demon Hunter
Ossknight 100 Death Knight
Marjin 91 Hunter

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:27 pm 
Blood Guard
Blood Guard

Swipper is 840, would be higher except for a stupid 805 cloak I cant get rid of

The courageous ones hold truth as their standard, and are willing to take action even though they may not have all the right answers. Courage is being willing to be wrong in the pursuit of what’s right and refusing to live the life that does not reflect one’s goodness, truth, and beauty.

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:22 am 

Hi,

For This Tuesday (sept 27) we are short heals. We have a plan to address this going forward but it means some DPS will have to sit, Thursday should be back to normal.

We will keep track of who was asked to sit out and will rotate so that things are fair going forward. (being away for other reasons doesn't count!).

So, for tonight: demonhugger and peri (and perhaps Feyd depending on how healing goes) will be sitting out.

Our waitlist is updated with people who have expressed interest but we don't plan to expand past the current roster right now.

Thanks,
Hearn

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:31 pm 
Blood Guard
Blood Guard

So what is the list like now?

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:35 am 
Scout
Scout

I know you already have two ret pally's on the main team, but id like to still be considered as a backup when needed. My Ilvl is currently 839 and after work today ill probably pick up some obliterum and bump up a few levels.

Just keep me in mind please! 8) 8) :D

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:05 pm 
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

I would like to throw my name in the hat if another healer is needed.

Thanks,
Try

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:45 am 
Scout
Scout

ok finally 840.

Was actually informed by Feyd that they had a second group raiding so thats awesome to hear!

Shoot me a message (Negan) anytime you need a melee dps!

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:39 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

WTF! I leave for 8 months, and I am just forgotten in this raid makeup! Where is my position of general shenanigator!?

Top Bottom