• Home • Forum • Register • Login • 

Home » Forums » Public Forums » General Chat

Post subject: GenCon time again!
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:07 pm 
High Warlord
High Warlord

What's up, runnin' crew!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi and see if anyone is up for a little meet-and-greet at GenCon this year. Last year, Ru and Bones and Mori and I managed to get together a couple times and it was a lot of fun. I'm hoping to see you three again, and more if anyone's around. Even if it's just lunch at the pierogi truck, I'm always thrilled to meet ICers. ;)

This year we're staying in a nearby hotel, which will be nice. Last year's 75-minute commute between the Con and my in-laws' house helped save money, but really cut into the game time. This year, it's all Con, all the time (for me, anyway, Jen opted for a Saturday-only badge this year).

Sound off if you're into it! Or just PM me if you'd rather and we can share contact info, maybe coordinate by text when the time arrives.

I hope all is well - glad to see the forum hopping - and I'm still keeping an eye on Warlords... Looks like it might be fun. Cheers, all!

That's all well and good for you, but I used to rock and roll all night and party every day. Then it was every other day... Now I'm lucky to find half an hour a week in which to get funky. I've got to get out of this rut and back into the groove. -Homer

Top Bottom

Post subject: Re: GenCon time again!
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:08 pm 
Finally!
Finally!

Bones and I have 4-day passes reserved and rooms through the VIG program again. However, I'm still unemployed, so whether or not we'll be making it is up in the air. Hopefully I can find a job SOON and get enough time that we can take vacation in August, but we'll see.

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:42 am 
High Warlord
High Warlord

With the Con now less than three months away, I thought I'd ask again... Wondering if Ru and Bones will be there in light of her new job (yay!), I expect Mori will be there to play some more Magic, and Riatin said he's going this year (our play-by-forum game of Pathfinder is good fun).

I got a couple event tickets for some games, but mostly will operate around the Golem Arcana tournament schedule. If I do nothing else but wander the floor and play pickup games, that'll be fine with me. We're staying at the Hilton just east of the Capitol building (like 3 blocks north of the Con).

Anyway, thought I'd check in... Those of you that have my mobile number - it hasn't changed. Hope to see some people in Indy!

That's all well and good for you, but I used to rock and roll all night and party every day. Then it was every other day... Now I'm lucky to find half an hour a week in which to get funky. I've got to get out of this rut and back into the groove. -Homer

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:46 am 
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Ru's working again, part time but decent money - current plan is for us to go, barring a real issue I at least am going! :)

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:07 pm 
Deus Ex Machina

Hey guys,

Checking in, seeing who's going to be there. Will be my first time a Gencon to boot.

The Way of a Warrior is based on humanity, love, and sincerity; the heart of martial valor is true bravery, wisdom, love, and friendship. Emphasis on the physical aspects of warriorship is futile, for the power of the body is always limited.

O Sensei - Morihei Ueshiba

I tan I epi tas

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:23 am 
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

Ru and Bones are going, and if I understood correctly they are hoping to meet up with Rei and Mori...

Have fun folks!

...T

If you mess with the bull, you may get the horns...

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:56 pm 
Finally!
Finally!

Long, whee! I hope we can meet up!

Bones and I will be there, as will Rei and Mori from what they texted me. If you want, send me a PM with your cell and we can text to coordinate potential meetups, if you like!

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:02 am 
High Warlord
High Warlord

Cool... Jen and I will arrive hopefully early Wednesday afternoon - we never got to see the inside of the Ram last year because of the lines - we hope to get there early enough to eat there first.

My Con schedule will be working around the Golem Arcana tournaments, so I'm not sure how flexible I'll be there, but it would be great to have at least one big meetup.

Anyone else gonna try to watch the big Mayfair Games Cones of Dunshire event? Jen and I will definitely be there as long as there's no GA tourney interference.

See you guys in Indy!

Top Bottom

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:45 pm 
Finally!
Finally!

If you're there early on Wednesday afternoon, Rei, that's about the same time we should get there. We usually hit the Ram at that time, to avoid the crowds, so I'll be sure to text you once we're in and settled.

Top Bottom